We look forward to you joining our Finance Shared Services team as you utilise your valuable skills and experience in this pivotal senior role. Based at our St Leonards office in Sydney, you will be someone who shares our values, and ready for your next challenging career opportunity as you enjoy all the benefits of joining a truly global organisation.
As an experienced Payroll professional, you will get the opportunity to leverage your background as you oversee the performance and delivery of our Payroll team and associated functions, playing a senior role as you support a truly global organisation that is focused on making it real!
Key responsibilities will see you:
• Taking overall accountability for the the end-to-end payroll cycle and associated tasks within Australian market
• Overseeing the workload of your assigned Payroll team as you lead others and ensure quality standards and delivery deadlines are met
• Delivering services to ensure compliance with all company policies, internal controls, and procedures, ensuring that tasks/transactions are processed in an accurate, timely and cost-effective manner
• Proactively developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external GHD stakeholders, providing specialist advice and leadership across all areas of your expertise
• Playing a central role in the mentoring of team members, an agile approach in supporting business change and other key projects that improve systems and enhance business services
Our ideal candidate will possess:
• Relevant tertiary qualification coupled with experience in a similar leadership/supervisory role
• Significant demonstrated experience in managing the payroll cycle and configuration using ADP Global View payroll systems
• Extensive knowledge of payroll legislation as well as any core payroll, upstream and downstream processes
• Extensive knowledge and management of all employee tax obligations and returns within Australia, including but not limited to PAYG/PAYE, payroll taxes, and superannuation schemes, and being familiar with ATO requirements
• Proven business partnering capabilities coupled with an agile approach and growth mindset as you drive and deliver results in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
• Demonstrated leadership skills, a passion for detail and a passionate for service delivery within a complex commercial environment that is focused on outcomes
Although not essential, those with previous experience with Oracle HRIS will be viewed favourably, as will those with a background in leading complex process improvement initiatives.