Who we are
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
EIPSR (Early Intervention Psychosocial Support Response) program, are very pleased to announce a new career opportunity to support this innovative partnership with Eastern Health.
The EIPSR program will lead a new way of supporting people with psychosocial issues specifically working to support our clients in their personal recovery journey, achieve set goals, increase independence, functionality and community connections.
We have a Peer Worker (Recovery) vacancy available to develop your career with EACH and provide a high level of service and support to the program.
Who we’re looking for
If you have a lived experience and have worked in a complex mental health outreach program, are qualified with a Certificate IV in Disability or Mental Health, and enjoy working closely with other service delivery professionals, you might be exactly the person we're looking for!
As part of our EIPSR Towards Wellbeing Team in Boronia, EACH is looking for a Peer Worker to provide, recovery-orientated, evidence-based peer support interventions to mental health clients.
Ideally you will have:
• Lived experience of mental illness and demonstrated experience of recovery
• Willingness and ability to share recovery experience with others
• Experience of the public or private mental health system
• Understanding of harm minimisation approaches to the treatment and management of persons with a Dual Diagnosis (substance misuse and mental health issues)
• Demonstrated experience in working at a direct care level, including the ability to prioritise different needs within a group
• A demonstrated knowledge of the relevant and current legislation relating to the client group including the Mental Health Act and Privacy Act
What you’ll be doing
You will work collaboratively with colleagues, clients, carers, clinical service – Eastern Health and other community partner organisations in order to deliver the best possible comprehensive service to clients. You will be integral member of the team and draw on the unique perspective and contribution of a lived experience of recovery from mental illness, to instil confidence and hope in others about the journey of recovery.
What we offer
EACH offers all staff benefits by offering Not for Profit Salary Packaging, a family friendly workplace strategy and support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program.
We want to know why you would like to come work with EACH and what you can bring to this role. Please attach a cover letter with your resume and apply online via our Careers Centre.